The Finest Coffee From Jamaica available in UK


 Jamaica’s Blue Mountains are famous for their first class Coffee afforded by the micro-climate of this beautiful region. Royal Blue Mountain Coffee is sustainably sourced and manufactured and is now available in the UK.  Terike Mitchell writes:


Historically, the British public have had a love affair with drinking tea however coffee is increasingly becoming the hot drink of choice for the UK consumer. The coffee industry has been growing at about 10% per annum in recent years and that trend is set to continue for the foreseeable future. Coupled with this rise in coffee consumption is the increase in demand for specialty coffee.

What is Speciality Coffee?  Specialty coffee is a term for the highest grade of coffee available, typically relating to the entire supply chain, using single origin or single estate coffee. Speciality coffee is characterised by beans of the best flavour which are produced in special micro-climates.

In steps,  Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee! Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is widely regarded as one of the finest coffees in the world because of its balance of flavour, aroma, body and acidity. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is considered to be a specialty coffee which means that it operates within the luxury end of the market due to its rarity and premium quality. The coffee is farmed at altitudes of up to 5000 feet above sea level. These conditions are ideally suited for coffee production because the soil is rich in nitrogen and phosphorus and there is a lot of year-round rainfall and cloud cover. Based on taste, smoothness, body, aroma, and flavour Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee consistently ranks as one of the top 3 coffees in the world when tested by “Q Grade” coffee cuppers – an institute that evaluates speciality grade coffee.

The high altitude and mountainous terrain in which the coffee is grown do however make cultivation more challenging. All the coffee is handpicked, and the processing of the coffee is also a laborious exercise. The coffee is 100% sun dried and is then rested for 8 weeks in controlled conditions. After that it is hand sorted to differentiate between the quality of the beans.

Before it can be exported, the coffee must undergo visual inspection and testing by the Jamaica Agricultural Commodities Regulatory Authority (JACRA). This is to ensure that the coffee meets the standards that are required for it to be sold under the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee trademark. It is a rigorous process, but the end result is a truly beautiful thing. This is the reason why it commands prices that are several times higher than the regular mass produced coffee blends that you would find in local multi-national chain suppliers.

All these factors mean that Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee production is miniscule compared to the larger coffee producer countries like Brazil and Columbia. Exportable annual production varies between 400 and 1,000 metric tonnes which is equivalent to just 0.1 % of annual Colombian production! This just ensures that Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee remains elusive but highly treasured.

Eighty percent (80%) of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is exported to Japan and the rest of the world has to “fight” over the other twenty percent (20%)! For years it has been difficult to get genuine Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee here in London.

I am extremely proud to be able to offer this premium product to the world which has been nurtured for almost 30 years on my family’s farm in the Clydesdale region of the Jamaican Blue Mountain, which is the site of one of Jamaica’s oldest coffee plantations and is famed for producing beans of consistent size, and quality. This venture is very close to my heart as I carry the torch of my father’s legacy since his passing 3 years ago and this is one of the reasons I can guarantee the authenticity and premium quality in every bean.  Coffee lovers can now enjoy this fine brew by purchasing online at Royal Blue Mountain coffee .

For the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee online shop click here